Believe me, there's been a lot going on in the local/sustainable/organic/socially just/yummy/hip/community-serving food scene, but I've just been too busy to re-post so many invitations! I've listed one below, coming up this weekend, involving the Esperanza community garden (one of the sites I will be teaching gardening classes this summer).
Soon, I will have a more complete schedule of classes up and listed in a separate "classes" page...in the meantime, get caught up In Search of Good Food's "Best of" blogs!
A Florida St. Community Garden Celebration
hosted by Esperanza Gardens!
Spend a day creating community through art, bicycles, and gardening!
Sat., May 8, 2010; noon to 6pm
(if there is rain, the music and mural painting will be in the CELLspace Gallery noon to 3pm)
685 Florida St. @ 19th
San Francisco, CA
Activities for the Day:
- Help paint the Bike Kitchen mural with artist Henry Kitchen
- Help with planting in the garden and prepping other beds for vegetables
- Listen to live music from Birdlips, Pamela Parker, and others
- Ask questions about CELLspace's Florida St. Mural Project
- Work on your bike at the Bike Kitchen ($5)
- Grill out and eat some food (some food provided while supplies last)
Florida St. has gone through many changes recently, with a square block of new neighbors, a new Bike Kitchen, a revived garden, and an in-progress mural project. On Saturday, May 8, all of these neighbors, artists, and volunteers will get a chance to meet one another, learn about the projects, and participate in some community activities. No experience is necessary, and all are invited to drop in on the fun! Paints will be available to help paint the Bike Kitchen mural, and you might want to wear work clothes if you wish to help in the garden.
Looking forward to seeing you!