Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another Documentary

I know this isn't really food-related, and it's last minute (hey, I just got word myself), but if you're interested, I recommend you check out this film playing at the Roxie Theater this weekend.

It's a doc about New Orleans made by my aunt over the course of 15 years, about 12 into which came Hurricane Katrina. It is very well made, historical and personal at the same time, and fascinating subject matter. Go if you can!

Faubourg Tremé: The Untold Story of Black New Orleans

At the Roxie Theater
3117 16th St., San Francisco, CA
(btwn. Valencia & Guerrero) San Francisco
Friday, June 5 at 6pm
Sunday, June 7 at 2pm

Director Dawn Logsdon and Producer Lucie Faulknor will be present to answer questions after each screening.

This is part of the traveling "Burning Fuse Film Festival." Other fabulous films are playing that weekend, too. To view the festival trailer, go to:
http://www.burningfusefilmfestival.com

No comments: