Monday, March 2, 2009

SF EDIBLE LANDSCAPES

FYI, and please pass it on!
I am transitioning away from my involvement at the Alemany Farm, and I'm looking to do more one-on-one education and help people get started growing food where they live.

So if you know someone who has been talking about how they WANT to grow some food, but don't know how or don't feel they CAN, please give them this posting. I can be reached for this service through sfediblelandscapes [at] gmail [dot] com.


Do you want to grow your own food, right where you live?

Do you have a dream of someday escaping city life and starting a small organic farm?

Well, I can help you get there.

Four years ago I co-founded Alemany Farm, a 4.5 acre organic educational farm in Bernal Heights; it's the only farm in San Francisco! Since then I have volunteered my time in many capacities helping urban dwellers learn how to grow their own food. Now I am moving on from the farm, to help spread the home-scale growing of fresh good food to SF residents all over.

I am certified as a Permaculture Designer and Teacher and have traveled the state gathering information on the sustainable food system for my movie, In Search of Good Food. If you want some advice on how to use your limited city space to grow as much of your own food as possible, I can help. If you want a sense of what it would take to strike out on your own and farm for income, I can help. If you have designs already, and just need some consult and/or labor, I work with a company that can help. SF Landscapes, a local sustainable landscaping firm, has launched SF EATS, designed to help homeowners and renters implement their edible landscaping dreams. We do landscape design, installation, and maintenence.

Please drop a line and let me know what you need. I do in person, email, and phone consulting, at various rates. I believe in helping people reduce their reliance on a horribly broken food system, so don't hesitate to contact me even if you don't think you can afford it! I also will consider trade/barter offers!

Take care,
Eat well,
Antonio Roman-Alcalá

No comments: